Westin hotel room space will be affected by renovations. Please read the Renovation FAQ for details on what is happening.
Arisia will be held at the Westin Boston Waterfront.
I want to ...
- Make a reservation at the Aloft
- Request a special room location or type
- Change my reservation
- Bring an animal to the hotel
- Cancel my room reservation
- Leave a coat or small bag at Coat Check
The Westin Boston Waterfront Rates
The Westin is currently sold out.
|Executive Suites; Skyline Suites;
One-Bedroom Harborview Suites
The Westin will charge a non-refundable deposit equal to one (1) night's stay plus applicable taxes on December 15th, 2017, roughly one month prior to the convention. This deposit will be applied to the final room bill. To cancel a room without having to pay the deposit, you must contact the Arisia Innkeeper by December 9th at @email. This deposit policy applies only to reservations made at The Westin, the primary convention hotel, and not the overflow hotel.
If you do not have a valid card on file when deposits are run on December 15th, your room will be released. That means that you will not have a reservation at all. Please ensure that you are using a valid card number and that your card information is updated as necessary by that time.
For more information about the deposit, please see our Hotel Deposit FAQ
Westin Hotel Booking Details
- All hotel rates are per night and do not include the 14.45% room tax.
- All rates are for all occupancy levels, but no more than four (4) people may stay in a room.
- If you want a room on Saturday, you must book Friday or Sunday night for a two-night minimum. If you want a single night that is not Saturday, you will need to make a reservation for two nights and then fill out the special request form.
- Rooms include free in-room wireless Internet.
- If the reservation system says no rooms are available, try changing your arrival date (e.g. Friday instead of Thursday). If that works, fill out the Special Request form and request the desired arrival date.
- For any special requests, cots (not available in double-double rooms), accessibility, location, etc. please fill out the Special Request Form as described below. Any information entered into the hotel reservation page will not be honored
- Suites are handled by request. The deadline for a suite request is Oct 16.
The only way to reserve a hotel room for Arisia at the Westin is to book it through Arisia. If you call their 800 number or use the public Westin website, you will be told that rooms are not available.
The Aloft Seaport Boston hotel is across the street and a half block from the Westin hotel. The address is401-403 D Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Aloft rates for this year are:
Aloft Hotel Booking Details
- All hotel rates are per night and do not include the 14.45% room tax.
- The rate is for all occupancy levels.
- Reservations may be made for Thursday, Jan 11th, through Tuesday, Jan 16th. If you would like a room outside of those dates, make a reservation and use the Special Request form to request a change to your reservation dates.
To reserve an Aloft room, go to the Starwood Meeting reservation page.
Special Room Requests
The deadline for special room requests is Dec 10. Special rooms include the following:
- Handicapped accessible rooms
- Family block rooms (Close to Childcare, Fast Track families; does not guarantee a babysitting membership)
- Low floor or shabbat floor rooms
- Rooms with roll-away cots or cribs
- Connecting rooms (will require reservation of both a King and Double room in the same block)
This system is also used to process room location requests, modifications to your reservations, and to be placed on the waitlist. For special room placement in the hotel, please do the following:
- Make a reservation in the room block you would like to be in. The family block is considered "active."
- Submit your request using the link to the Special Request Form below.
- Accessible rooms are available in both the "active" and "quiet" blocks and will be assigned with accessibility as a primary need and quiet/active as a preference. If you would like an access room close to the elevators and/or have special mobility needs please let us know in the comment section of the Special Request Form.
We do our best to assign people rooms but due to demand cannot always guarantee your first choice. Any additional information is much appreciated so we can try and best meet your needs. If you would like a room near a different reservation, you will need your confirmation number as well as the confirmation number for the reservation you would like to be near. All reservation changes may be combined into one form; separate form submissions are not required.
Pet Policy (new for Arisia 2018)
Service animals have always been a part of the Arisia community. They are welcome in all convention and hotel spaces, per the guidance of the ADA (https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm).
Both The Westin and the Aloft hotels have policies for people who want to bring their animals to the hotel. Both hotels permit service dogs. They also permit pets, specifically dogs under 40 lbs, and cats at The Westin. No animal may be left unattended. The hotel policies are online:
- Westin: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/announcements.html?propertyID=1528&language=en_US
- Aloft: http://www.aloftbostonseaport.com/dog-friendly-hotel-boston.
Arisia is a loud, active, and dynamic convention that has become more crowded as we have grown. Both people and animals can find that kind of environment stressful. Even well-trained animals may find the convention a challenge, which may cause them to act out and behave in unpredictable ways. This, as well as their dander and other allergens, present a serious risk to many of our attendees. Although the hotel has provisions for pet dogs and cats, we ask that our attendees consider these risks when deciding whether or not to bring pets with them to the convention this year.
We have gotten reports of animals at the convention that are not cats or dogs. We understand that some members of our community have Emotional Support Animals to help them manage anxiety and mental health. However, some of these animals may not be covered under the hotel’s policy, which puts us in conflict with the hotels. While both The Westin and the Aloft have had good working relationships with us, and in the past have been flexible about many things we do at the convention, they were recently purchased by Marriott. This change in management means that some policies have changed while others will be more strictly enforced, including the policy on animals in hotel rooms and convention spaces. To this end, we ask that attendees not bring animals that are outside of The Westin and Aloft policies if you are able to do so.
Registering Animals at Arisia
To gain a greater understanding of our animal population, and to help us develop a more informed animal policy, we will be registering attendees’ Animals-In-Tow for Arisia 2018, much like our Kid-In-Tow registrations. Knowing which animals belong with which attendees will help us in the event that animals get separated from their human.
You can register animals ahead of time or when you arrive at the convention by our Animal-In-Tow form. Filling out the form in advance will help speed up your visit to registration.
We understand that this is a big change and we welcome your comments. Please feel free to reach out to our Access Team at @email with any feedback, questions, or concerns.
- A limited number of suites at the Westin are available by request only for parties, families, and others.
- Suites at the Westin consist of 1 king bedroom attached to a parlor room. There are no suites where the bedroom portion contains two double beds. Most of the parlors have a pull-out couch.
- Priority for suites is given to parties, and requests are evaluated by the Hotel Liaison team. The suite request deadline is October 15th, and suite assignment will take place by the second week of November.
- You must make a room reservation before filling out the Party Host and Suite Request Form (or be on the wait list for a room at The Westin).
Changing my Reservation
For information about canceling reservations, please scroll down to the Hotel Cancellation section.
The deadline to request changes to your reservation at either hotel is January 5th. This includes changing your reservation dates and/or room type (king/double). Modifications are made on an as-available basis. Double rooms are in high demand with the convention and while we try to accommodate all requests are not always able to do so. Requests are filled on a first-come basis and late changes to room type may not be honored.
The dates of Arisia hotel reservations may be from Thursday January 11th through Monday Jan 15th. If you would like a room outside of those dates, make a reservation and use the Special Request form to request a change to your reservation dates. If you are on the waitlist for the Westin, making a reservation at the Aloft will not hurt your chances for a room in the main hotel.
If you want a room on Saturday, you will also need to book Friday or Sunday night for a two-night minimum. If you want a single night that is not Saturday, you will need to make a reservation for two nights and then fill out the special request form. All reservation changes may be combined into one form; separate form submissions are not required.
Please contact the Aloft hotel directly to change your reservation at the overflow hotel. Their toll-free number is 1-888-796-4664
Room Need Requests
The deadline to request special items in your existing reservation is January 5th. This includes non-feathered bedding, cots, and cribs. Submit your request using the link to the Special Request Form below. Rooms include free in-room wireless internet and a refrigerator. Any information entered into the hotel reservation page will not be honored, you must fill out a special request form. All reservation changes may be combined into one form; separate form submissions are not required. Someone from the Arisia Staff will contact you after January 8th to confirm your request status.
Connecting Room Requests
All connecting rooms in The Westin connect from a King room to a Double room via a door in a shared wall. You cannot get two Doubles or two Kings that connect. To request a pair of connecting rooms, please make reservations for both a King room and a Double room (both rooms must be in the same block, Active or Quiet), then fill out the Special Request Form including confirmation numbers for both rooms. Connecting rooms requests are subject to availability, and the deadline for requests is December 10th.
To cancel your hotel room at the Westin Hotel email @email. This will let us give your room to the next person on the waiting list.
All rooms at The Westin must be canceled by December 9th to check in to avoid incurring a penalty.
For more information about cancellations and the deposit, please see our Hotel Deposit FAQ